Images From Around this Blog!

Featured Post

Available for Commissions!

The artist is IN! I am currently available for commission work of just about any variety (artistically speaking).  Pencil drawings, ink, di...

02 January 2015

Happy 2015! What's Next?

Happy New Year to anyone still checking in here.  I will not address the lack of posts on this blog; it's all been due to an influx of work in the past few months that has prevented me from doing extraneous things like blog posts.  I consider that a good thing.
Unfortunately, most of it has been work that I cannot post here for one reason or another, and it doesn't look like that's going to change any time soon.

What will be changing is the simple fact that, for the foreseeable future, I will not producing any more work for free.  That too is a good thing.  I had read a couple of articles about this in 2014, but had not really had the courage to act on it as I believed the myth about doing work "for exposure".  I have produced a fair amount of work on that basis, but the exposure, so far, has been sorely lacking.  For now, I've got enough paying work either in progress, lined up, or on the way, that it would be counterproductive for me to try to squeeze in any free work on top of my schedule.  Financially, I cannot take time away from paid projects to work for nothing. Plus, I really need to take some time to focus on my personal projects like the books over at AIM Comics and the illustrated edition of "Supernatural Horror in Literature' that I want to produce.

So, for the time being, you won't be seeing any new work for (for example) Drabblecast, Lovecraft EZine or Sky Pirates of Valendor.  Especially that last one, but we won't get into that.  If any of my former free customers want to offer even token payment for work, I will try to fit them into my schedule, but doing work for free is really getting me nowhere, so it's got to stop.

I'm hoping to have more work to share here soon, starting with a kickass new poster I'm designing for the group Brain Dead.  I'm really kicking out the jams for this one, and looking forward to showing it off.  I'll also have a new issue of "The Journals of Simon Pariah" out soon, and will see if I can find a way to share some of the other work I've produced recently.

Here's to a happy and profitable 2015!

Check out this handy flowchart from http://shouldiworkforfree.com/! Ironically, it was produced for free!


No comments: