Images From Around this Blog!

Featured Post

Available for Commissions!

The artist is IN! I am currently available for commission work of just about any variety (artistically speaking).  Pencil drawings, ink, di...

05 October 2007

Yarrr....

Yes, I know it's too late for Talk Like a Pirate Day, and everyone's done with Pirates of the Carribbean by now. Still, pirates are always fun. That's why my next project to see the light of day will be a pirate story, "Bluenose Barrett, Privateer", over at Ian McDonald's "Bruno the Bandit" webomic. This is a 9 page story that will be starting. as far as I know, on Monday and running over the next two weeks. Here's a small sample of the art:



Don't forget to drop by and read the story.

6 comments:

PneumoBoy said...

Using Stan Rogers' Barret's Privateers is absolutely brilliant. I think you'll be getting Song Parody Award nomination from me for that!

Dominic said...

Thanks Wayne.
Stan's long been a favorite of mine, and I don't think any bar band's allowed to leave the stage in this province without playing "Barrett's Privateers", so it's a well-known and loved song around here. I hope you enjoy the rest of the story.

PneumoBoy said...

My wife turned me on to Stan when I assimilated her CD collection, I was very sad when I found out that he was no more and how he died.

Are you familiar with John Roberts and Tony Barrand? They have a nautical-themed CD called Across The Western Ocean, but I really like two other of their albums, Dark Ships in the Forest, and Spencer the Rover is Alive and Well.

Dominic said...

I can't say as I've heard those artists, but it's certainly something to look up in my free time.
Let me return the favor by recommending another favorite of mine, Jim Brannigan (http://jimbrannigan.com/). His rendition of "Peter Kagan and the Wind" is as haunting as anything Stan Rogers ever recorded. You can hear most of his music at his site, and his mp3's may still be available for download out there somewhere. He's definitely worth a listen.

Anonymous said...

Ok, now I've got your words in my head and I can't remember the original. Aaaargh!

Dominic said...

Aha! My fiendish master plan is succeeding!