Images From Around this Blog!

Featured Post

Available for Commissions!

The artist is IN! I am currently available for commission work of just about any variety (artistically speaking).  Pencil drawings, ink, di...

03 February 2009

Spacehawk Redesign

I recently signed up for Warren Ellis's Whitechapel forum, mainly so I could participate in his weekly remake/remodel sessions. Each week, Warren selects golden age comic characters and invites the more artistic members to redesign those characters for the modern age. It's great fun, and a good way to hone the character design skills.
Here's an example of a recent character that was put up for redesign. I didn't join in time to get in on this thread, but put together a piece, just for the fun of it. The character is Basil Wolverton's "Spacehawk" (see more about him here), and my take is somewhere between Hilary Barta and Tom O'Finland.

No comments: