Images From Around this Blog!

Featured Post

Available for Commissions!

The artist is IN! I am currently available for commission work of just about any variety (artistically speaking).  Pencil drawings, ink, di...

18 May 2007

Art...What a Concept!

I know I promised some color work, but first I wanted to show off a commission piece that I just completed. Instead of simply relying on words to tell me what she wanted drawn, this person gave me a concept sketch from which to work, like so:



With a little bit of additional detail, I was able to turn this into the following:


Finally, with a few minutes on the mouse, I was able to give it a rough color job, so that we ended up with this:



See what you can do with just a little concept art? Sometimes if you can't describe something in great detail, it helps to be able to do a quick sketch.

OK, next time, color work. I promise. No, really.

No comments: