Images From Around this Blog!

Featured Post

Available for Commissions!

The artist is IN! I am currently available for commission work of just about any variety (artistically speaking).  Pencil drawings, ink, di...

19 April 2010

Sky Club is Flying!

Skyclub, the new album from Mack Maloney and friends, is now available from Voiceprint Records.  I've mentioned this here before, but it's changed homes since then and has a new producer and distributor.

I was pleased to be invited to be one of the contributing artists to the booklet for this CD, a concept album based on a science fiction premise by Mack Maloney, author of the Wingman  and Spacehawks series and numerous other novels.

The cover I designed for the CD is below.  If you'll click on through to the CD's website, there's a nice Flash-based flip book there that shows the rest of the illustrations used in the booklet.  A little more than half of the illustrations are mine, as is all of the fontwork.  That's also some of my art being used for the backgrounds.



I've had the chance to preview some of the tracks on this CD, and I think it's a fine piece of work.  It features covers of some classic tunes by the likes of Pete Townsend and  Mike Rutherford, and a rockin' piece of original surf music with some great horn work by Amadee Castenell.  I think any fan of classic science fiction or progressive rock will be pleased by the total package of this CD; it's a delight for both the ear and the eye.
Be sure to head on over to the site to see how to get your hands on a copy.  Of course, I'd love to know what you think of it, especially the visuals, so feel free to drop me a line or leave a comment with your reviews.

No comments: