Images From Around this Blog!

Featured Post

Available for Commissions!

The artist is IN! I am currently available for commission work of just about any variety (artistically speaking).  Pencil drawings, ink, di...

04 October 2006

Test Post - This Will Either Work, Or it Won't

Timing is everything, isn't it? Here I am, two days before the 24 Hour
Comics Challenge...and I've lost my pencil.

Now, that may not seem like such a big deal to you, but to me, it's a lot.
See, I have this mechanical pencil...it's a Rotring...that I bought with my
first set of technical pens for my Commercial Art course in 1988. It's
probably the finest drawing instrument I've ever used...certainly the one
I've learned to use better than all others...and it's been my main drawing
tool ever since I first bought it. Now, when I need it most, it's not to be
found, meaning I'm probably going to have to rely on some inferior piece of
plastic that will feel strange in my hand and not give me the right lead
weight on the page.
Ah, well...as Tommy Hunter once said, "It's not the fiddle...it's who's
holding the bow."

Meanwhile, here's another sketch. I don't know who this bean fellow is, but
it's a fair bet he doesn't like you.

No comments: