Images From Around this Blog!

Featured Post

Available for Commissions!

The artist is IN! I am currently available for commission work of just about any variety (artistically speaking).  Pencil drawings, ink, di...

21 November 2007

Knives to the Hilt!

It's amazing what you'll find when you're digging through your old material. Witness the following.
I used to be an avid reader of Blade magazine, a monthly journal of custom knifemaking. I suppose as a fantasy artist, it was inevitable that I take an interest in knives. Even now, I maintain a small blade collection, although it's leaned more towards utility blades in recent years ( I just never found a practical use for that brass lion-head pommel laser etched Toledo blade in the sealskin holster...go figure).
Part of my monthly ritual of reading Blade was to take some time to make reference drawings of the most interesting knives and swords I found in each issue. Recently, I came across a bunch of these drawings, and thought it might be fund to share them. The art is pretty crude, but the beauty of the design of some of these blades still manages to shine through.










No comments: